Another question regarding styles

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
MacSailor

Another question regarding styles

Post by MacSailor » 2004-10-24 08:05:29

When I for example opens a Word .doc and want to apply my own styles from my own .dot template on the text, what’s the easiest way to do it, without have to cut and past the text to a new document or to copy and paste the styles from the template?

The same goes when I opens older documents from Nisus Writer Classic.
Peter Edwardsson

charles

Post by charles » 2004-10-24 13:55:42

Hi Peter:

Right now the easiest way to get the styles from your DOT into your other document is to open a new file, switch to the style view and select all of the styles. Then choose "Copy". Switch to the DOC file you opened and select "Paste" to apply the styles.

In a future release we will provide an option to import a stylesheet from another document (including your New File).

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.

yaya

Post by yaya » 2004-10-24 17:31:21

I tried to do this to bring all styles from one Express document into another, but I had trouble with "select all" in style sheet mode (it's greyed out) so it seems like I have to copy and paste one style at a time. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Thanks.

rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark » 2004-10-25 08:16:05

yaya,

You are correct that the Select All command in the the Edit menu is disabled unless you are in the text edit boxes of a particular Style.

To select all the Styles, press COMMAND as you click each individual Style. Be careful that you don't click some part of the Style definition that causes a pop-up menu or something similar to activate (as this de-selects all other selections).
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.

MacSailor

Post by MacSailor » 2004-10-25 10:49:48

rmark wrote:To select all the Styles, press COMMAND as you click each individual Style. Be careful that you don't click some part of the Style definition that causes a pop-up menu or something similar to activate (as this de-selects all other selections).
I did as you suggested, but it did not work. When I tried to paste all the Styles into the Styels Sheet of the "new" document, nothing happened.
Peter Edwardsson