How to make a checkbox

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
fletcher

How to make a checkbox

Post by fletcher »

I'm trying to make simple checklists, comprising a list of items on the left side and checkboxes to the right to mark them completed (this is to print and mark with a pen, btw).

How to make the box? I clicked back to Nisus 6 and actually found 3 ways to do it -- by making a small graphic box, by typing a few blank spaces in the "Box" style, or by going into the Character Table and picking out some unused items that show up as an empty box. It never ceases to amaze me what a versatile program this was.

Not sure how to do it in NW Express. Do I have to go into a graphic editor, make a small gif box, and insert it as an image?

Thanks for any comments.
JBL

Re: How to make a checkbox

Post by JBL »

fletcher wrote:Do I have to go into a graphic editor, make a small gif box, and insert it as an image?
That would work but it would be easier to go to the "Special Character" pallette and select one of the boxes under miscellaneous.
scottwhitlock

Post by scottwhitlock »

Where's the "Special Characters" Pallette?
JBL

Post by JBL »

At the bottom of the edit menu.
charles

Post by charles »

For some people (including myself) the Special Characters palette appears in the flag menu in your menu bar (if you have one). I don't know what makes the difference; most people seem to find it in the edit menu as JBL suggests.

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.