fonts changing and more little problems

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
alex thorne

fonts changing and more little problems

Post by alex thorne »

collecting issues and concerns and venting here.
1) I cut and paste, or highlight and drag, text within the same page, same paragraph, and the text changes font. I have to highlight and change it back. That just doesn't seem right.

2) is there a way to change the highlight on the find search, it's difficult for me to see and so find what the search highlighted. I've changed the background colour but not helping me much, but it's all I could find..

3) when I brought in my Nisus 5 documents formating was lost.

4) this version seems to have lost a lot of capabilities, and gained a bit of annoying combersumness. Missing; Copy to Find, a very useful little treat.
I've been yelling at a lot of stuff over here, but now that I'm writing it I can't remember it all, later, I'm sure. The loss of multiple dictionaries is still my biggest headache, really need those if someone knows how to get them I'd love to hear.
cchapin

Re: fonts changing and more little problems

Post by cchapin »

alex thorne wrote:2) is there a way to change the highlight on the find search, it's difficult for me to see and so find what the search highlighted. I've changed the background colour but not helping me much, but it's all I could find..
You can change the highlight color system wide in System Preferences > Appearance. I did that, and it helped immensely. (I'm using red.) I'll leave your other questions for now to those who have more knowledge and experience.

--Craig
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Re: fonts changing and more little problems

Post by rmark »

Alex,
1) I cut and paste, or highlight and drag, text within the same page, same paragraph, and the text changes font. I have to highlight and change it back. That just doesn't seem right.
I've not had this happen. Please send a sample file where this is repeatable to me at support@nisus.com and we'll take a look at what's happening. Be sure to include a cover letter reminding us of what we're looking for.

Craig has dealt with issue #2.
3) when I brought in my Nisus 5 documents formating was lost.
What kind of formatting? Again, please send a sample file where this is repeatable to me at support@nisus.com and we'll take a look at what's happening. Be sure to include a cover letter reminding us of what we're looking for.

4) this version seems to have lost a lot of capabilities, and gained a bit of annoying combersumness. Missing; Copy to Find, a very useful little treat.
Copy to Find is in the Copy submenu of the Edit menu.

Remember Nisus Writer Express is not an "upgrade" to any earlier version of Nisus Writer. It is a completely different application.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.