Creating watermarks

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
pc

Creating watermarks

Post by pc »

Through the fug of a filthy dose of flu, I have the need to apply the traditional Draft watermark - any clues ?
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

Sorry about your flu. I don't know a way to produce a watermark. My guess is that, until NWE gets a graphics layer, that won't be possible. You could try slipping "DRAFT" into a header or footer or try double-printing. Those are my best suggestions for the time being.

--Craig
pc

Watermarks

Post by pc »

Thanks Craig,
I had to get the draft "draft" off in a hurry and had indeed placed the word "DRAFT" in the footer and header in a bilious shade of opaque pink - highly visible, and on this occasion I had no need to use the header or footer for anything else. It has caused comment from the recipient
I surmised the lack of a graphics layer may prove to be the stumbling block in the interim, although the appearance of a watermark when direct output to a printer with the unregistered version gives me some hope. I assume that is likely hard-coded in, but useful to PDF or print, one day . . .

-- cheers, paul
charles

Post by charles »

We have thought about having the ability to apply a "background" image to Nisus documents also. This is not the same thing as a graphics layer of course, but it could be very useful for creating flyers and watermarks. Anyway, that is definitely scheduled for a future release!

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
pc

watermarks

Post by pc »

Bring it on boys !
I'll be patient ( and use the rough workaround and OO for the urgents )

--paul
MacUnix

Post by MacUnix »

You can try StampInStone from Stone software.
This lets you add watermarks to a pdf file.
http://www.stone.com/StampInStone/

I have not tried it myself but it has nice features, it also lets you remove the watermark from a pdf file afterwards.