Ghost Strikethrough

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
georgesk

Ghost Strikethrough

Post by georgesk »

Hello all,

While typing a document in NWE 2.1, after a few hours working on it, the line above the one currently being typed, i.e, the previous line, gets a strikethrough in reverse type (a white line on black text). The only way to eliminate this (obviously not intended at all by the user) is to place the cursor on the line and back again to the current line. After a few more characters typed it appears again. Very annoying and distracting.
It also disappears after typing some new paragraphs and reappears again, this time in the two previous lines. Maybe it has other variations too.
What gives? Another bug?
Best

Georges
wolfcreekads

ghost strikethrough

Post by wolfcreekads »

I'm getting the white line through text also. It does go away, but it's a pain in butt to look at while you're typing. Any solution?

Nisus Express latest update/ iBook G3
wolfcreekads

Post by wolfcreekads »

I found the solution: it's the fonts. When I changed from Optima to Helvetica the ghosting stopped. Go figure. Maybe NWE doesn't like serif fonts...
Arnold

strike through

Post by Arnold »

I even got strike through as a default after installing in preferences a default new document with helvetica. I think it is a bug.
charles

Post by charles »

Hello:

When drawing your document on the screen, especially at zooms other than 100% or 200%, white lines will sometimes appear through lines of text near where you are typing.

This is due to an issue with how Nisus Writer displays text only. Your text does NOT contain a white strikethrough and the line will not appear when your document is printed or reopened.

We have fixed this issue for a future release. Until then, you can usually make the line disappear by scrolling the text off the screen and then back on.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
wolfcreekads

Post by wolfcreekads »

Thanks for the update, Charles.

When's that update coming out??!!
Ted

Post by Ted »

bump

I have 2.1.3 and still experience this bug exactly as described. Any ideas?
Ted

Post by Ted »

Still wondering if there's any ideas on this...
joao

Post by joao »

For what it's worth, I've seen a similar problem in Pages, so I don't think this is a Nisus-only issue.
charles

Post by charles »

Hi:

This is actually an issue with OS X and Cocoa that we were able to work around in Nisus Writer Express 2.5. You can get a sneakpeek of this upcoming version at:

http://www.nisus.com/sneakpeek

We are rapidly nearing our public beta phase with this release. We have undertaken the task of clearing out our bug database though, which has taken some time but version 2.5 is much faster and much more stable now so I hope everyone likes it!

Cheers,
-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.