Congratulations

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Lanx

Congratulations

Post by Lanx »

Congratulations for releasing the new Nisus Writer Pro. What a pleasant surprise at breakfast time. And I am very glad about the final icon the new application has received. 8)
shades

Post by shades »

Yes, this was a pleasant surprise. Although I had paid for NWE, I paid the full price for the NWP. To me it is worth it to support Nisus and other developers.

Thanks, Nisus people! 8)
MBP 2.4 GHz, OS X 10.5.6
NWP 1.2, Mellel 2.6, iWork 08
gemboy27

bravo- thanks

Post by gemboy27 »

I do only NWE and had to go find my license (no easy task) to get the $45 price.... I am sure it is worth full price, I know I am cheap...!

side note, when I paid I was given the chance to download NWE, NOT NW-Pro. Demo was already being downloaded and accepted new license, so no problem...but I though you should know.

Gem
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)
joehardy

Re: bravo- thanks

Post by joehardy »

gemboy27 wrote:I do only NWE and had to go find my license (no easy task) to get the $45 price.... I am sure it is worth full price, I know I am cheap...!

side note, when I paid I was given the chance to download NWE, NOT NW-Pro. Demo was already being downloaded and accepted new license, so no problem...but I though you should know.

Gem
I guess one upside of keeping so much e-mail in folders is that I still had the e-mail from Nisus for NWE with the license number. But I did have to search.
And you're right, the link to download from the payment acknowledgment page leads to a download for NWE.
<a href="http://web.mac.com/joehardy">Blog the Day!</a>
thf

Post by thf »

...and registration confirmation in NWP leads to the Express registration confirmation page.
ckingpin

great job

Post by ckingpin »

Hello,
I hit yesterday your homepage and find the final release!
Very fast launching procedure, good handling of word-docs...
After a short demo process I bought a family licence today.
What I missing is any kind of manual? Could I download it from your server, maybe?

Best regards
C+
Lanx

Post by Lanx »

Go to Help -> Nisus Writer Pro Help (or hit Command-?). This will open the Nisus Writer Pro Help PDF-file.
George the Flea

Post by George the Flea »

Hooray! I've been waiting for Pro eagerly since it was announced.

May I just say that I'm very impressed with the final product? Outside of the many features I'd been lusting after (fullscreen margins being one! What a pleasant surprise), I was very happy to find that despite the program being over twice as big as NWE, its launch time for me is still under a second!

Thank you for such a great product!
George the Flea
pantrax

Fantastic!

Post by pantrax »

And here I was thinking it'd be October before I saw this. Congratulations programmers!

Now I can, if I choose, run Nisus Classic, Express, or Pro...though not at the same time. That would be stupid. Which is why I only did it with Express and the first Beta once (Nothing happened, btw).

Anyway, I'm very pleased to have many of the features I've missed from Classic in the Os X version.

Again, congratulations and thanks!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thanks everyone for your nice comments :)

Also thank you for pointing out our website hiccups- it's nice to have a crew of people looking out for us :D
mrennie

Post by mrennie »

George the Flea wrote:(What a pleasant surprise), I was very happy to find that despite the program being over twice as big as NWE, its launch time for me is still under a second!
The increase in file size can, to some extent, be explained by the fact that the application package includes the PDF manual for NWP, which weighs in at around 79 MB.

Anyway, thank you, Nisus team, for delivering such a great piece of software!
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

:D :D :D :D
gemboy27

drink a piña colada for me

Post by gemboy27 »

I noticed -- or it appears -- no one from the official staff has been posting to this un-official site since the release of NW-P. I hope that means

1) you are having lots of fun and resting
2) lots of fun ≠ being arrested :wink:

3) are thinking nothing about software

enjoy the rest and once again thank you.

link to super nisus monkey graphic for those who don't like animated gifs.
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)
Lanx

Post by Lanx »

Um ... just three posts above yours you find a post from Martin ... :P
gemboy27

well there's that

Post by gemboy27 »

oh....?

:oops:

missed that