NWE has no paticular "own" format?

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
charles

Re: Right to Left

Post by charles »

Renoir wrote:What additions besides right-to-left direction support does 10.3 include?
I'm not sure what exactly you are asking here. If you mean what additional features are there that will allow us to do right-to-left, well, the biggest thing is that some critical pieces of the system that were previously private and unavailable for us to modify are now public so we can build on what they provide to offer full right-to-left support.

As for features beyond that, I am somewhat limited in what I can comment on because of NDA restrictions. However, if you can be more specific in your question (especially as it relates to Nisus Writer) I will try to answer it as best I can.
Al-Irani

Post by Al-Irani »

charles wrote:However, if you can be more specific in your question (especially as it relates to Nisus Writer) I will try to answer it as best I can.
Charles;

The full justification of text "KESHIDA" is very important in Arabic script as Arabic, Persian, Kurdish and Urdu text block are often full justified. This feature is explained in a document published by Apple (a pdf file) : Rendering text with ATSUI, page 88 Text Layout Objects and even in
C H A P T E R 3 same document in detail.

What is the statue of "Keshida" support in 10.3?
Dose this new version of COCOA text engine and ATSUI enable NWE (or any other text editor which use The Cocoa Text and ATSUI) to support this feature of Arabic script automatically?

Thanks
charles

Post by charles »

Al-Irani wrote:What is the statue of "Keshida" support in 10.3?
Dose this new version of COCOA text engine and ATSUI enable NWE (or any other text editor which use The Cocoa Text and ATSUI) to support this feature of Arabic script automatically?
Well, It is going to be hard for me to be too specific on this because we are under NDA for Panther. I can tell you that our tests have shown that when running Nisus Writer under Panther, justification for right to left does not work properly yet. However, Apple is not finished with Panther yet and neither are we, so there may be more to come. Sorry I can't tell you more.