Incompatibilities with Clipboard Managers

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
rcgordon

Post by rcgordon »

NW Pro gets very prone to stalling and eventually crashing when a clipboard manager application (CopyPaste) or preference pane (PTHPasteboard). Those are the two that I've tried, and can't get any stability with either one. NW Pro seems to be the only program I use (and I use many) that does not play well with one or the other of these.

Since either of those offers much more functionality than Nisus's own multi-clipboard management (besides being globally functional), it would be really nice not to have to lose that functionality.

Has anyone found a clipboard manager that Nisus plays well with?
dshan

Post by dshan »

I'm using PTHPasteboard and have had no problems with NWP. I'm using them on a C2D MBP with 2GB RAM.
Hamid

Re: Incompatibilities with Clipboard Managers

Post by Hamid »

rcgordon wrote:Has anyone found a clipboard manager that Nisus plays well with?
I use iClip with NWE/NWP etc. without any problem.
http://inventive.us/iClip/
rcgordon

Post by rcgordon »

I just spent some time trying out iClip. and had the same problems: sluggish copies and pastes, and a crash (usually within a few minutes) that is always triggered by either a copy or paste.

As soon as I disable them, there's no crashing/stall problem with Nisus.

CopyPaste and iClip both operate as applications, so I don't know why there should be a cross-effect. Haxies/application enhancers are fully disabled for Nisus. I'll try running more specific combination tests when I can, but so far, no luck.
Hamid

Language

Post by Hamid »

What language are you using?
I do have frequent crashes even when copy-pasting from one Pro document to another when the language is Arabic. I have not yet had a single crash with either English or French.
rcgordon

Post by rcgordon »

English, with some character styles set to Tech (Web), and Tech (Web) really just tells the spell checker to ignore those words.
Hamid

Console log

Post by Hamid »

What does the Console log say just before the crash?
Anyway, when a crash happens, relaunch NWP and Send Feedback from within the application. The crash log will be sent to Nisus Software Inc. Hopefully they will try to eliminate the cause if it has to do with NWP.
Check also if you have duplicate fonts or damaged font files.
rcgordon

Post by rcgordon »

It appears as though it may have been a font-related issue after all. My font manager had launched a duplicate set, and so far, things seem more stable now.

Thanks for the suggestion/reminder, Hamid.
amilholland

Post by amilholland »

I use iClip quite nicely with Nisus Writer Pro. I do have it in the Master Exclude List of Application Enhancer, which might help.