anyway to transfer pages 06 docs into Pro?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
K-9

anyway to transfer pages 06 docs into Pro?

Post by K-9 »

is there anyway to transfer pages 06 docs into Pro? other than to copy and paste? I am currently a new convert and deeply impressed with this Application. Trying to leave Pages behind for good!

thank you.
also I have a few older appleworks I have not converted to Pages yet - anyway that can be converted easily?

thank you.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Pages should be able to export your documents as RTF, which is the best way to get your documents into Nisus Writer.
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Ok - but I have been working on this all day - so i did a lot manually already...I will check it out. Never knew you could do that with Pages.
I always thought it was a closed proprietary format. If that makes any sense.
Tthank you very much.
scottwhitlock

Post by scottwhitlock »

It will not be a perfect transfer. Footnotes and endnotes (and styles) will be left behind. If you have a spare copy of Word or NeoOffice, export as Word .doc in Pages. Open either Word or NeoOffice and open the exported file. Save as .rtf. All footnotes (and styles) will be preserved.
MacBook Pro 15
2.66 Ghz Core i7
8GB RAM
NWP 2.0.4
iPad 3
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Thanks but I finished them after a long day. I have no microshaft products on my computers. and I also do not use NEO anymore. Too slow and too bulky and reminds me too much of MS.

Thank you - wish I knew earlier though.