help please

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
K-9

help please

Post by K-9 »

i tried to save the pdf of the manual and it accidentally went into a resources folder. I cannot find it anywhere? does anyone have a clue where I can get it from? I realize I can do it again; but I would like to retireve the said file.
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Open "Resources" folder, digit "help" (or whatever you called that file) in the search box and wait a bit.
Groucho
K-9

Post by K-9 »

the problem is I do not see or know where this resources folder is.... I looked and searched all over. any more info would be greatly appreciated.
ssampler

Post by ssampler »

Open adobe reader, click on the 'recent files' menu item in the Files menu. You should find your copy there; cmd-click on the title (has the pdf icon) and you will see the folder where you saved the file; move your pointer to it, and you will be in that folder; now move the copy to wherever you want.

another way, perhaps: start to save the manual again with "save a copy" and this may locate the folder for you.

-Steve
K-9

Post by K-9 »

SSampler - I did but it just shsows the resource folder next to the pdf name and when I command click it just opens. It does not show or tell me just where this resources folder is located. Weird eh?
ssampler

Post by ssampler »

cmd-click and hold--you should see the entire 'path'--the original folder, and all the enclosing folders. the original guide is within the nisus application itself--actually a package, a special kind of folder. you open it up by control-clicking on the app and selecting the 'show package contents' item. the original manual is within 'resources' folder inside a 'contents' folder. probably your copy is there too.
Last edited by ssampler on 2007-08-27 14:57:29, edited 2 times in total.
scottwhitlock

Post by scottwhitlock »

I'm assuming that it saved it in the Resources folder insider the Nisus Writer Pro application.

Right click the NWP icon in your Applications folder. You should see "Show Package Contents." A new window will open. You will see a Contents folder. Inside that folder will be the Resources folder.

Inside the Resources folder is a file called "help.pdf". This is the pdf of the manual, and probably what you saved to.

Hope this helps,

Scott
MacBook Pro 15
2.66 Ghz Core i7
8GB RAM
NWP 2.0.4
iPad 3
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Scott!!!!!! Yes - that is it! I never knew I could get into the app icon like that and to open the packages as such. I saw it in with a mix of the other data when I did a search but could not figure out where it was and how to get into it. I learned a lot today from your help! Thank you so very much!!!!

I figured it was an Application resource folder but had not clue how to get to it.

Many, Many thanks!

I removed it and then I also put it in the trash and the help pdf did open so this was another version eating 72 MB or so of space. Thank you again.

I hesiate to tweak too much in the innards of the apps and OS.

:-)))))
scottwhitlock

Post by scottwhitlock »

No problem. Glad I could be of 'help..' ;)

Scott
MacBook Pro 15
2.66 Ghz Core i7
8GB RAM
NWP 2.0.4
iPad 3
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Thank you again!!!