Vertical Text Alignment - Is it There?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
torchydt

Vertical Text Alignment - Is it There?

Post by torchydt »

Hi,

I'm a (reluctant) Word user and want to move to NWP. I have been trying the demo and it seems to cover all I want with one exception - but maybe I'm missing this, hence this post.

I have to produce documents split into sections. Each section has a "section sheet" as an intro (e.g. "Section One - Summary", "Section Two - Proposal" and so on). This single line of text needs to be centred both vertically and horizontally on the page with nothing else.

The horizontal is easy. I see no automatic way of doing the vertical alignment. In Word you can define the vertical alignment for a section, so I simply have each of these pages as their own section with this option selected.

Is there an easy way to do this in NWP? I know it seems picky, but I need the absolute consistency that this provides, rather than having to put lots of para returns or the like in manually.

Thanks for any help.

David
David
TommyW

Post by TommyW »

Could a default header for that section do that? By including X numbers of paragraph returns?

Not what you asked but perhaps it'd work.

That or a macro, but that's beyond me at this point in my NWPro learning curve...
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Probably the best way to accomplish this is to create a table with a single cell and no borders. Set the horizontal/vertical alignment to center and stretch the cell to be size of the page.
torchydt

Post by torchydt »

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try. It also occurred to me that I might be able to create a paragraph style with the 'space before' set to half the page drop. I'll give that a try too.
David