icon changed.....

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
K-9

icon changed.....

Post by K-9 »

i saved all my files with the nisus icon in RTF - I just saved 2 files in the RTF format and there are different icons. a text icon instead of the human like figure. what went wrong? how come the change in icon for the files? I am confused?
K-9

Post by K-9 »

I just made a copy of the mixed up icon and the rtf icon appeared on that one. I made another copy of an already correct RTF icon file and that was Ok - but why the mix up of file icons?

I have a pic grab of these but do not know how or if i can upload to this forum.[/img]
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Weird. woke up this morning and checked the forum before work and tried to do another new file in NWP and noticed the icon that was different yesterday was now correct; however, the new one I just did looks like the different problematic file icon. So go figure.

this is on an g4 12" Powerbook with the latest OS. Any explanations.
Hamid

Refresh Finder

Post by Hamid »

The problem is with the OS X Finder which is sluggish. You can use a utility, such as Refresh Finder which can be placed in the folder Toolbar and clicked, to force the Finder to update Finder info:
http://www.soderhavet.com/refresh/
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Hamid - Ok - Thank you. but I do not know where to put it. I do not know where or cannot find the folder toolaber. their instructions also state drag it into the finder toolbar but not sure what or where that is I am sorry to say. I tried a few things and nothing.

anymore help would be appreciated.

thank you so much.
K-9

Post by K-9 »

I dragged it to the toolbar and when I single click or double click the icons stay the same so this does not work I guess. this may not be the solution. Not sure.
K-9

Post by K-9 »

I have tried everything and nothing works - just got the Pro version and the same day there are issues starting. I love the App; but errors started that never appeared before.

any clues? thank you.
K-9

Post by K-9 »

just restarted the computer and the wrong icons corrected themselves. they almost look like an icon from NEOOFFICE. yet it says it opens with nisus writer when I cntl click and get info.

p.s. just was told by someone that it is the text edit icon. why? How come? that is weird?

thank you.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Does this icon problem happen with new files that you create? Are you certain you are saving them as RTF? Also, if you open the saved file in Nisus Writer, is all your content still there?
K-9

Post by K-9 »

yes it is files that I created in writer. yes I save as RTF, and yes the contents are there.

I tried writing tech help and no offense they are shabby and quite dense re: help on this and another problem I have.

so I appreciate all of your help more than you can imagine.

Thank you.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Can you please send a screenshot of the aberrant icon to our customer support address? Honestly it sounds pretty odd, and Nisus Writer may not be the source of the trouble.
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Martin - I sent 2 different ones with full explanations and the person kept saying they couldn't see it clear enough or it was too small which I could read easily and see easily and also I sent this to anotther person referenced in another post here that had some software - the refresh software that i tried, and he had no trouble at all seeing it.

So I guess that is rather useless and futile.

Too bad.

That is why I was rather amazed being a new owner of this Application. It seems very nice - probably the best out there but the tech help and customer service seems rather shaky...

Just being honest.

If this App wasn't so nice and the problem rather small I would probably try to get my money back. The support is less than stellar. Not a good and comfortable sign for me.

thank you.
Anne Cuneo

Post by Anne Cuneo »

I had never paid attention to this, but I did today. It does happen, but does not interfere with the contents in any way, and then when you restart the computer all icons are OK. At least it is so on my computer (MacBook, Intel 10.4.9).
Anne
K-9

Post by K-9 »

yes - on my macbook pro core duo older model no problem when i experiemnted with it on that machine. but on the powerbook 12" when you save the icons they atend to act up - mostly on the desktop and then one time not on the desktop - sometimes and it flip-flops in the actual home folder -documents- whatever folder i happen to save to, they somtimes act up.

I thought it weird or a nisus error or something flukey on the 12" PB. both machines run flawlessly so that anomaly raised my interest and I was trying to slove the problem.

by the way i may have seen your name re: some Apple/Mac stuff come to think of it - maybe an apple forum? Not sure.

I train all my dogs in German and my German was probably40 years ago that i took so it is pretty abby at this point.

Das ist aber schade! I hope I spelled it correctly.
Anne Cuneo

Post by Anne Cuneo »

K-9 wrote:by the way i may have seen your name re: some Apple/Mac stuff come to think of it - maybe an apple forum? Not sure.
That is possible: I am co-responsible for a Mac-forum called www.cuk.ch (in French)

For the icons, I shouldn't worry. I don't use the PB 12" any longer, so I can't test it just now...
Anne