All lists highlighted in grey

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
SandyBeech

All lists highlighted in grey

Post by SandyBeech »

Just upgraded to Pro, and all my lists (bulleted, numbered, tiered, etc.) are highlighted in grey. What is this, and how can I turn it off?
scottwhitlock

Post by scottwhitlock »

This is highlighted (no pun intended) in the manual and has been answered on this list many times. You turn this off in the Preferences - Appearances - Customizable Colors - Automatic Text.

Scott

P. S. I will echo dshan's earlier suggestion that one reads the manual and does a search on forum before asking questions.
MacBook Pro 15
2.66 Ghz Core i7
8GB RAM
NWP 2.0.4
iPad 3
SandyBeech

All Lists Highlighted in Grey

Post by SandyBeech »

You can echo that suggestion if you want. I searched the forum with four different searches. I searched the manual for an hour. I went through every menu item in the program several times... There are HUNDREDS of ways of phrasing a question or a reply. And if the problem keeps recurring, as you say it does, maybe it's not that all of us out here are stupid. Maybe someone should ask why it keeps happening and solve the problem.
scottwhitlock

Post by scottwhitlock »

See pg. 297 of the manual (or 321 of the pdf, since the manual has early roman numerals at the beginning). It's in the Table of Contents. The manual, by the way, is a good read, if only to skim it completely and get an understanding of where things are in the program. And, of course, in most Mac programs, things like these are handled in the Preferences. So that should always be the first place you look. :)

You make a fair point about searching, however, we have been having problems the last month or so with this on the forum (which is run by the users of the program, and should not be seen as official stances by any means), so I am a bit testy. I apologize. I would suggest that these colors should be turned off by default, so that if you need them, THEN you go look and find them. But that's a balancing act of software development. How do you ever get your user to know about the feature to begin with?
MacBook Pro 15
2.66 Ghz Core i7
8GB RAM
NWP 2.0.4
iPad 3