Nisus RTF and Open office ODT

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
K-9

Nisus RTF and Open office ODT

Post by K-9 »

Just curious. can nisus writer read the open office or neooffice ODT file format? and can they read the nisus writer format rtf?

I have all macs in the house and office, but I am also exploring Linux and was wondering if i can transfer files from the mac to the linux laptop and linux laptop back to the mac?

Since the laptop has neooffice on it I was wondering how compatible it was for the exchange.

I cannot try it at the moment - the Thinkpad won't be here till Tuesday.
Thank you.
MacSailor

Post by MacSailor »

I believe that both Open Office and Neooffice can read rtf files created by Nisus, but I do not believe that NWE/NWP can open odt files at all.
Peter Edwardsson
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Ok - there are probably other ways or formats to save in OO or Neo that wil enable nisus to read it - I will have to check when i get Mint linux loaded on the laptop.

Thank you.
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

Doggles

Save from OO as .rtf or .doc and NWE/Pro can open those documents.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Ok - I thought I had seen other formats in the save or save as in neooffice when i used to use it.

Thank so much!

arf!