Menu highlighting under 9.2.2

Nisus Thesaurus, Nisus Writer Classic– this is the place for all other Nisus products.
Neil Hughes

Menu highlighting under 9.2.2

Post by Neil Hughes »

Does anybody else find that under MacOS 9.2.2 the context-sensitive nature of the menus gets messed up? I find that the "Personalities" menu always seems to be greyed-out even though the menu continues to work fine.

Under MacOS 8.6 it's fine.

Thanks,
Neil
ljcole

9.2.2 menu highlighting

Post by ljcole »

You Bet!

Not only does the Personalities menu grey out but still work, the File menu does the same thing, and the email's text window title bar will grey out, too, and not allow any clicks on the choices in it, like the close box, for instance. One is forced to use command-W, thus preventing the use of the Keep as Unread option. :-(

I've never used NE under OS 8.6 so I had nothing to compare it to, but I will say that the menu behavior is very erratic.

Len
Neil Hughes

9.2.2 menu highlighting

Post by Neil Hughes »

I think under OS 8.6 the menu, etc. worked fine - it's under 9.x that things start to go a bit wrong.

Unfortunately I've had to stop using the application for various reasons, the main one being a need to set the attachment encoding specifically to base64 so that my Windows-using and webmail-using customers and work colleagues are guaranteed readable attachments.

Neil