problem opening up doc with photos

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
disfasia

problem opening up doc with photos

Post by disfasia »

I am preparing my manuscript and the four files I have with photos do not open up in NWE. Why is this? I saved them four years ago in MS Word.... I have tried opening them as rtf, I have tried everything.

Please help.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

To be sure- the documents were saved as RTF from Word? Or were they saved as ".doc" files by Word?

If it's the latter, and the images are floating graphics, then they will be lost because our ".doc" file converter does not currently support floating content of any kind, sorry.
disfasia

Post by disfasia »

the were saved as .doc. oh no! should i be able to open it in another software and retrieve the images? or is this lost forever?

thanks
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Don't worry, I bet the images are still there. If you don't have any applications that can open the ".doc" files properly, you could download OpenOffice. Or if you like, send the files to me and I'll convert them for you. Please archive/zip the files before you send them, thanks.

xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

martin wrote:Don't worry, I bet the images are still there. If you don't have any applications that can open the ".doc" files properly, you could download OpenOffice. Or if you like, send the files to me and I'll convert them for you. Please archive/zip the files before you send them, thanks.

Or NeoOffice if you don't want to have to install X-11. The Aqua version of OpenOffice is reportedly still not stable and limited in functions ... they are predicting its release last quarter 2008!

Mark