Table cell breaking?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
asolove

Table cell breaking?

Post by asolove »

Hi all, I just bought a student license for Pro and am extremely impressed by how quickly and naturally it is already saving me time.

The only odd behavior I have is that when a table cell's contents get too long, it simply clips them off. I suppose not too many people use tables with big long cells, but is there a way to get the row to break onto the next page? If it's in the manual I apparently don't know what this feature would be called.

Also, the table of contents freaks out if I attempt to style anything inside a table as a style included in the ToC. Not just that it doesn't register in the ToC, it registers as a different chunk of text and everything slows down. Is there a way around this or should I just take the ToC level markers off styles I'm going to use in tables?

Thank you,

Adam
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Table cell breaking?

Post by martin »

asolove wrote:I suppose not too many people use tables with big long cells, but is there a way to get the row to break onto the next page?
I'm afraid we don't allow a single table cell to span across more than a single page. There is a somewhat involved workaround if you really need it.
Also, the table of contents freaks out if I attempt to style anything inside a table as a style included in the ToC. Not just that it doesn't register in the ToC, it registers as a different chunk of text and everything slows down.
I've not seen this problem- can you send in a document that exhibits the behavior using the menu Help > Send Feedback? Thanks Adam.
asolove

Post by asolove »

Thanks to the glossary, complicated workarounds are fine by me.

I've just submitted the file and screenshot. As I said, I doubt anyone would use this feature, I just happened to run into unexpected behavior.

Thanks,

Adam
asolove

Post by asolove »

I just downloaded the second beta for Leopard and the problem with Navigator text in tables has gone away. Either it was a fluke or you guys have some insane turnaround times on bugs. Either way, awesome.