Default Margins

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
AndyDobson

Default Margins

Post by AndyDobson »

A simple thing, but I'm stumped.

Nisus appears to default to 1-inch margins on the side of a new document, and 1.25-inch margins at the top and bottom. I would like to have default margins of one inch all around. Anyone know how to achieve this?

I can change the margins document-by-document using the "sections" tab on the tool sidebar. But I would like to change the default margin settings for all documents.

Thanks for any advice you have.
carrington

Post by carrington »

I long for new margin defaults as well. It's one of the reasons I didn't buy Nisus Writer Express. (Just a couple of small annoyances, but they're enough to keep me away from the product. Another is the totally messed up formatting for inserted page numbers in headers.)

The only workaround I can think of is to create your own default document, then turn it into stationery (get info in the file and click the stationery button -- you can't save stationery in NWE), and then put that stationery document in your dock. Then you can create new NWE documents by clicking that dock item.

This kludge could be avoided if NWE just had the ability to use a default document rather than a set of incomplete preferences for new document formatting.
charles

Post by charles »

Just so you know, we intend to add this feature in a future release. So many things to add...so little time... :)
AndyDobson

Post by AndyDobson »

charles wrote:Just so you know, we intend to add this feature in a future release. So many things to add...so little time... :)
Cool! Can't wait to see them! Just in time for the holidays? :-)