Mail Merge???

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
shawl

Mail Merge???

Post by shawl »

As an "old" Nisus user from way back, I've been waiting for the newer products to approach how wonderful the NISUS WRITER 6 (and earlier versions) were. It's now looking very good! One thing I found extremely handy was the mail merge, which I'm not seeing in Nisus Writer Pro. I'm hoping I'm simply not seeing it; is it there? If not, I sure hope it's there soon, although by that time it just might be too late for me.

I should also say that I cannot do in the MS WORD mail merge what I could do with the NISUS mail merge!! It was a fairly sophisticated use of the merge that went so easily with Nisus Writer! Looks like I may have to keep a computer going for a while just for running it under classic.

Thanks.

Steve
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

And in the end, don't forget, we had EMAIL MERGE with with NW and Nisus Email.

Kino and Nobumi, on the Nisus Dartmouth forum wrote macros for this, but you're right -- Nisus should incorporate both mail merge and email merge into the program.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

Actually, in the case of NW Classic and NWE, Kino wrote a macro to enable email merge. It wasn;t supplied by Nisus.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
gemboy27

would help my split personality

Post by gemboy27 »

Merge would be good

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)