Can't make style shortcuts

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
jimwick

Can't make style shortcuts

Post by jimwick »

I'm using NWE 3.0.1 on My System: 20" iMac Intel (early 2006) / 2 GB RAM / 2 ghz / OS 10.5.1 Leopard /

I'm trying to set up style sheets, and everything goes Ok until I try to give the sheet a shortcut. The box is blank and will not accept any input.

How can I get the shortcuts in there?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Hi Jim- what happens exactly when you try to type a letter(s) into the "Shortcut" text field? Does the letter not appear? Is there any error message?
jimwick

Post by jimwick »

No error message. Actually, can't even get the insertion point line to show.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

That's odd. Can you change any shortcuts using the Menu Keys preference pane? It would help us if you sent in a feedback report using the menu Help > Send Feedback after a failed attempt to change your style shortcuts.
jimwick

Post by jimwick »

Ok, the ground tilted. I went back to try out your suggestions. Found that I _could_ add shortcuts to the style sheets -- just not the shortcut I planned on. I wanted to adopt a pattern for these shortcuts -- ctrl-option-digit. the app will allow ctrl-opt-cmd-digit. Can't get rid of the cmd.

Is there something about the cosmos that declares that cmd has to be in there?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Yes, currently all keyboard shortcuts must use the Command key. But this might be an artificial limitation- I'll have us take a look.