Images pasted into NWX file don't appear in Word for Windows

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
propstuff

Images pasted into NWX file don't appear in Word for Windows

Post by propstuff »

Me again,
I made a file in NWX of some text and pasted in an images and saved them as an RTF and as a doc.
Then I tried to open them in Word in Windows 2K

The files opened in both cases, but neither format contained the image; only text.

Bug??

cheers,
N.
Nicholas
550MHz TiBk, 512Mb, OS 10.2.8 NWX 2.0
propstuff

Post by propstuff »

No; I was wrong.
I had a better look at them this morning and the images WERE there, it's just that the formatting was up the creek; the images were huge and had been pushed down onto another page. D'oh!
Nicholas
maurerc

Post by maurerc »

I recently tried exporting simple graphics into Windows from NWX, Mellel, AppleWorks and Windows itself (via RTF). The only standard format Windows seems able to display competently is TIFF. All other formats it ignored or bastardized.
gemboy27

Post by gemboy27 »

I can import image and open with image visiable, but I have no control over the image, can't size it or move it...
propstuff

Post by propstuff »

I recently tried exporting simple graphics into Windows from NWX, Mellel, AppleWorks and Windows itself (via RTF). The only standard format Windows seems able to display competently is TIFF
I would agree with this, but as far as I can see it's not an NWX problem but Word one.
I have in the past been able to get a jpg in to word, but I think that was just luck ;-]
I can import image and open with image visiable, but I have no control over the image, can't size it or move it...
Hmmm, resizing worked for me, but moving position left to right required jiggering with justification and tabs, and up and down with line spaces etc.
About what you'd expect from a word processor (as against a page layout program)

N.
Nicholas