A bug that was not fixed in version 1.1

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

I use a glossary of abbreviations often and it works fine. However, when I open an abbreviation at the beginning of a paragraph, the whole paragraph changes to Times New Roman. My default font, which is also the font of my glossary is Arial.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Hi Ruth, I believe I know what's causing the trouble. Most likely your glossary entry has both the Arial font applied and a paragraph style (eg: Normal) whose font is set to Times. In other words, the glossary entry shows in Arial because you've overridden the Times font used by the paragraph style.

When you type the glossary abbreviation in a document all formatting from the expansion is added to the current document. This includes changing the paragraph style for the entire paragraph, which is why the rest of it suddenly appears in the Times font.

There are two ways to fix this in your glossary file:
1. Change the paragraph style in the glossary's stylesheet so that the font is also set to Arial.
2. With the glossary entry's text selected in the glossary file use the menu Format > Paragraph Style > Remove Paragraph Style.

Hopefully this makes some sense.
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Martin, many thanks for your prompt answer. It indeed solved the problem! Ruth.