Using linkback with Intaglio

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ralph strauch

Using linkback with Intaglio

Post by ralph strauch »

I want to embed graphics drawn in Intaglio in a Nisus document. Copying from Intagiio and pasting into NWP works fine, just as I'd expect. But the documentation tells me I should then be able to double-click the graphic in NWP and have it open for re-editing in Intaglio, and that just isn't happening. Is there something else I need to do to get linkback to work, or is it one of those great technologies that got put in for a bit and then somehow fell by the wayside?

2.2ghz MacBookPro running OSX 10.5.5, NWP 1.1

Ralph
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Using linkback with Intaglio

Post by martin »

NWP still supports LinkBack. However, I just downloaded the latest version of Intaglio and indeed LinkBack doesn't appear to be functional.

Looking into it, Intaglio doesn't put any LinkBack data on the clipboard, as it should if it wanted to support the feature. I can only assume that they must have removed the feature. You might write their customer support to find out for sure. If you do, we'd be grateful if you shared your results here, thanks.
steintal

Post by steintal »

I work with the latest version of Intaglio (3.0.1) and NWP 1.1 an I do not face the problem you have.

1. Start Intaglio
2. Draw anything
3. Copy what you have drawn via clipboard into a new NWP document
4. Save this NWP document
5. Save the Intaglio document

Editing the NWP document:

1. Re-start Intaglio
2. Reopen the NWP document
3. Double click in the NWP document the drawning you want to edit

That should work.
steintal

Post by steintal »

Addition: Did you activate the LinkBack feature in Intaglio? "Intaglio" > "Preferences" > "Clipboard" > activate the LinkBack feature ("Export the ...)
ralph strauch

Post by ralph strauch »

Activating linkback in the preferences was the solution. Thanks. I actually found that solution yesterday on the Intaglio forums and thought I had posted that here, but somehow my post didn't take. The real problem, I think, is that there's no mention of linkback at all in any of the Intaglio documentation, so you have to be really looking at the preferences to find it.

Ralph
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Oh good, I'm glad you got it figured out and that Intaglio still supports LinkBack. Thanks for letting us know.
steintal

Post by steintal »

The program "tables" will also support the LinkBack feature in its newest version. But it is still a beta as far as I know. I have requested the developper to add this feature some monthes ago.

Hans Schäppi
xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

I too asked the developer of Tables to include LinkBack right from the off and I'm really pleased that he's finally doing it. Yes v 1.5 is still in Beta, but I have found it very stable for all my needs. I think the problem with that from the point of view of an NWP user is that -- as far as I know -- Tables is only a LinkBack client so that you can use it with graphic apps like Intaglio and OmniGraffle, but doesn't act as a server. It would be great if one could create a table or a graph in Tables and place that in an NWP file with LinkBack. My need is for placing graphics in Tables documents, so I have not explored the opposite process.

Mark
steintal

Post by steintal »

That's exactely what I need too: to create a table or a graph in Tables and place that in an NWP file with LinkBack.