printing problems — lines superimpose

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
mouthyorange

printing problems — lines superimpose

Post by mouthyorange »

Hey, folks. Lately, I've had a few documents print out with the bottom two lines of the next page superimposing over the bottom two lines of the page before. (The document is double-spaced.) Sometimes the same two lines will repeat over several pages. Sometimes, they don't superimpose precisely and instead appear just above (and in between) the lines that should be on that particular page. I printed out a 40 page document tonight and I'd say nearly one-half the pages are ruined this way. But it's also happened on docs around 20 pages long. (They're nothing fancy; just double-spaced pages using Times, with some bold or italics, and subheads a couple of point sizes larger. That's all.)

I thought it might be my printer gone wonky, but I experimented by going into the printer dialogue box and clicking on "Preview" instead of on "Print", and the same problem was visible in Preview. Also, to my knowledge no other programme has been printing incorrectly. Anyway.

Can anybody help? Thanks!

Am using OS X 10.4.11 on a PB G4; Nisus Writer Pro 1.1.
prauz

Re: printing problems — lines superimpose

Post by prauz »

I have exactly the same problem with creating PDFs. Something similar also occurs now and then in Page View. At first I thought it was only in Page View, and I was willing to live with it. But now that I need to print to paper or PDF this has become a much, much more serious issue for me. Actually, to say I am screwed is putting it mildly.

I have a 270-page document which I need to email as a PDF asap, and now I simply can't ! :( How I wish now I'd stayed with NWE...

I'm running NWP 1.1. I have tried both Mac OS X 10.4.11 and 10.5. On Leopard the problem appears not to occur in Page View, just in the PDF. On Tiger the problem occurs both in Page View and in the PDF.

I'll see if I can create a reproducible scenario and enter a bug report, even though this does not help me in the short term.

Off to biting my nails now...
Elbrecht

Post by Elbrecht »

Sorry -

but I too can confirm this troubling bug:

it just happened again with a 3-column list of 2 pages only. With end of page 1 reappearing at end of page 2.
I catched the RTF and PDF concerned and sent via feedback to Martin. The PDF turned fine on second try though!

OS X 10.5.5 / Nisus Writer Pro 1.1 / 3 column pages in US / Hiragino Maru Gothic Pro W4 font

This font behaves strange in other places as well - coloring text mostly for me - but I have to live with it / ci

HE
MacBook Pro i5
SSD 840/850 Pro
High Sierra 10.13.6
Nisus Writer Pro 3.4
foobar

Post by foobar »

Funny, I was about to post a thread on this bug myself. I can confirm that it's happening frequently to me as well. As a workaround I have found that closing and reopening the document, or making any change that forces re-pagination of the affected pages, will often (not always) make the glitch go away. But it would be awfully nice not to have to pre-flight-check every page of my documents (some of which are hundreds of pages long) before printing or PDFing them.
y8 | Miniclip | y3 | friv | ben10 |
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

We are aware of this issue and have an update to NWP in the works that hopefully will fix it for everyone.

That said, it may be that your specific experience is different from the bug we've fixed, even if the symptoms are similar. If you can reliably reproduce the problem after reopening a document, please send along that document and instructions on what to do to trigger the issue. We'd really appreciate it, thank you.