Tables

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Michel Bourbonnais

Tables

Post by Michel Bourbonnais »

Whenever I save a file, the tables in my document move to the right side of the page. I noticed this problem when reopening the files. This is very annoying since I have many tables in my documents and need to readjsut each one of them before printing.

I need to know how I can resolve this problem and avoid the time-consuming table adjustments everytime I print a document.

Thank you.

I have attached a screenshot of my problem for one of my reports.
Attachments
Example of my problem with tables. It moved to the right when I saved the file.
Example of my problem with tables. It moved to the right when I saved the file.
Picture 1.jpg (99.31 KiB) Viewed 8281 times
steintal

Re: Tables

Post by steintal »

That's exactely what happend to me too.

Hans
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

That's a behavior I've not seen. Could you describe the way you have configured your table that triggers the alignment change? It might be easier to just send us a file using the menu Help > Send Feedback. Thanks!
Michel Bourbonnais

It will be difficult to explain how I configured the table because there are a lot of parameters involved. I will send part of the file using the "Help" menu as recommended. I would appreciate if the answer to my problem is posted so others experiencing the same problem can have the joy of getting a solution to a very annoying problem.

Thanks.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thanks for sending along your file Michel. I've taken a look and am curious if this file was originally produced in NWP or another program. In other words, it's important to know if this is a problem with file import or the way NWP saves table information. I find that if I reset the alignment of the table, save and reopen the file, the alignment is preserved. If it is an import problem, could you send us the original file for inspection?

This macro may also help you:

Code: Select all

While Select Next Table
	Table:Center
End
It merely resets the alignment of every table in the document to "center", which should force the table to position itself within the visible document bounds.
Michel Bourbonnais

Thank you for loking at my document. My answer to your question is no, the file was not originally imported from another program but I did paste some text which maybe triggered something. I do not have a problem in sending the file original file for inspection. I believe I need to use the Help menu t osend the said file. I has 5.6 MB even after deleting some pictures.

Thanks for the macro. I will use it in the meanwhile.

Michel
steintal

Post by steintal »

Now I have saved two documents containing the same problem. I will send these files to NISUS officials.

Hans
Michel Bourbonnais

I appreciate you doing this. Even with the macro that was sent to me there are some tables that behave strangely and I have no clue what is the problem. Did you use the macro ? It is posted on this thread.
steintal

Post by steintal »

I have contacted Nisus support and now I have got this news:

>Hello Hans,

>Despite my expectations, it appears the bug is somehow related to Leopard/10.5. I've reproduced the problem on that >system, even though it never occurs on Tiger. Now we can take a look at the cause and hopefully fix it for the next NWP >update.

>Thanks for helping us out here,

>~Martin

Thus, we have to wait for the next update ...

Hans