From Nisus to another application and back: Find back my doc

Get help using and writing Nisus Writer Pro macros.
js

From Nisus to another application and back: Find back my doc

Post by js »

Working on an open document in Nisus, if I change to another application and then back to Nisus, I am not on that document anymore. Why is that? And: Can I call the former document back by a macro?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: From Nisus to another application and back: Find back my doc

Post by martin »

How are you reactivating NWP? Are you clicking a particular document window? If so, that document window will become frontmost. If you want to switch back with no change in the active document you should click the NWP icon in the dock.
js

Post by js »

martin wrote:How are you reactivating NWP? Are you clicking a particular document window? If so, that document window will become frontmost. If you want to switch back with no change in the active document you should click the NWP icon in the dock.
Strange, strange. That's exactly what I do. If I have several windows open in Nisus, and let's say I am working on window D, clicking f.e. on Safari in the Dock, and then again on Nisus in the Dock does not normally bring me back to window D in Nisus, but to some other window; I and can't quite make out which one, it seems aleatory. All I could do is using Spaces. I am on the actual System 10.5.6 and I am not aware of any particular third party software that would do such things.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm sorry to say I don't really know what could be causing that. The only efforts NWP can make when you switch back is to activate the Document Manager or a new document window, but it sounds like that's not the problem. Normal application activation is pretty much all handled by OSX. Do you see the problem in any other applications where you might have a similar number and spread of windows open?