Editing notes

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
shob72

Editing notes

Post by shob72 »

I am trying, in > View > Style Sheet, to make notes appear as in note 2, whereas they keep coming up as in note 1: no dot after the note number, note number superscript, and jump automatically to the tab-defined indent (tab is defined in my default notes setup, but the caret doesn’t jump.
How do I proceed?
Attachments
editing notes.png
editing notes.png (60.82 KiB) Viewed 4159 times
Sebastian
NWP v 1.2.4
MacOS 10.7.5
Ruchama

Re: Editing notes

Post by Ruchama »

I am not sure this is the best solution but I managed to get a new note to appear in the defined style so you may want to try whether this solves you problem,

1. The only was I able to force new notes to appear in the selected style is to remove the 'based on normal' in the upper part of the style window, and change it to 'none'.
2. in order to get the tab to appear, i typed it at the beginning of a line in the file, copied it and pasted it into the 'default note text' box (in the center of the same window).
I did not (yet ) find a way to change the style of the already typed notes. if you need it I will try further.
I hope this helps.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Editing notes

Post by martin »

Here's how you'll need to configure the Note Style in the Stylesheet view:

1. Change the "Default Note Text" from ". " to a tab character. As Ruchama suggested, you could copy paste one in, or use Option + Tab to insert the character.
2. Change the superscript attribute for your "Note Reference Style". By default this is the Character Style whose name is "Note Reference in Note". Select that style and use the menu Format > Baseline > Superscript.

Only new notes you insert will take into account all of these changes, as the "Default Note Text" setting is copied into the actual note text at the time you inserted each note. The superscript change should however propagate to all notes in your document, assuming you haven't applied attribute overrides anywhere in your document.

One final tip: if this is the way you want notes to appear in all new documents you create, you should make these changes in your Nisus New File.