open files from nisus writer v.6

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
asetiawidi

open files from nisus writer v.6

Post by asetiawidi »

Dear moderators,

I have received files from Prof. Muraoka, done under nisus writer v.6 (mac system 9.2.2.). I could open them under my nisus writer express 3.2 (mac os 10.4) but I encountered some serious problems:
1. The hebrew fonts and other non standard fonts do not appear (hebraica, hebraica II, with euroscript), even after I have installed them and those non standard fonts applied in the files.
2. The footnotes do not show up at all.

Do you have any solution for me?

Kind regards,
Agustinus
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: open files from nisus writer v.6

Post by martin »

asetiawidi wrote:1. The hebrew fonts and other non standard fonts do not appear (hebraica, hebraica II, with euroscript), even after I have installed them and those non standard fonts applied in the files.
Which fonts are supported is completely dependent on OSX. If you cannot install the font on OSX itself, the font will not work in Nisus Writer. Also, some non-standard fonts from the Classic Mac era may not behave as you would expect, even if they can be installed.
2. The footnotes do not show up at all.
How are you moving these files around? Does formatting applied to the rest of your text show up? If not, then likely the file's "resource fork" (which stored formatting, footnotes, images, etc) was lost during the transfer.