When will NWP 1.3 going to be published?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
torspo

When will NWP 1.3 going to be published?

Post by torspo »

Just curious... :)
greenmorpher

Re: When will NWP 1.3 going to be published?

Post by greenmorpher »

And if we're going to advance by .1 / annum, will I see 2.0 while I can still remember what came before it? :lol:

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
Publisher, Editor, Business Writer
The Worsley Press

Get "Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes?" to deliver your words with real zing; and "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter" to learn to step safely in the publishing minefield. Amazon or www.worsleypress.com
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Well said, Geoff!
Anyway, I think there's bound to be leaps (not in the dark, I hope). So the next update might not be 1.3.

Greetings, Henry
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

See, I'm dreaming that we won't have a significant change of interface until v.2. That'swhen we'll get a vertical ruler ...

:P

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
The Worsley Press

Get "Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes?" to deliver your words with real zing; and "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter" to learn to step safely in the publishing minefield. Amazon or www.worsleypress.com
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

I just wrote a couple of sales letters in NWPro for a client. Two graphics in one, one graphic in the other. They wanted files compliant with .doc so they could print them on demand on their own printer.

That's all okay but ...

WHERE HEAVEN'S NAME IS THE VERTICAL BLOODY RULER ???

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
The Worsley Press

Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Well, you can do with a real ruler stuck to the display :D . But what about hyphenation, then? When I write in a language other than English, I have to export the text into Pages for printing (that's the only reason I keep this program).
As I told you, Nisus will sooner or later have to skip some updates, unless they are thinking that version 2 is state of the art, pure perfection. And, yes, I think version 2 will be a deep makeover. I hope so, at least. I think/hope they'll drop the Mac's layout engine, which is a bit too poor a thing for a pro application, and is more of a hindrance than a help.
Let's wait and see.

Cheers, Henry.
Anne Cuneo

Post by Anne Cuneo »

And to think I believed “vertical ruler” :love: was unmentionable…

I must say after I insisted for a couple of years to get “back-up in another location” I got it (and you with me), and together with my mac.me disk it simplifies my work unbelievably. I'm constantly on the move, and I always have the latest version of whatever I have been doing.
Anne
kcheney

Re: vertical ruler, free

Post by kcheney »

Doubtless someone has already mentioned Free Ruler, http://www.pascal.com/software/freeruler/, but just in case...

Features:
• A horizontal and vertical ruler which can be used independently or simultaneously.
• Measurement in pixels, inches, picas, or centimeters.
• Automatic alignment of rulers.
• The ability to group rulers and move them around as a unit.
• Shadowless rulers with customizable transparency.
• Interactive tick marks which follow the mouse location for more precise measurement.
• Independent resizing of rulers, from 200 pixels to 5000 pixels in length.
• Single key shortcuts for most ruler functions.
• Conversion assistant to set ruler resolution based on screen size and resolution.
• Unit converter utility for converting numbers between different units of measure.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to make it float on top of another app's document, but command-tab works pretty well to make adjustments. The version is dated 2003 but works fine for me on 10.5.6.

This by no means lets you guys at Nisus off the hook! But it is a big help in the meantime.