formatting imported urls

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
kcheney

formatting imported urls

Post by kcheney »

Is there a global (all at once) way to format urls, scattered throughout text copied and pasted into Nisus?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: formatting imported urls

Post by martin »

What kind of URLs/links do you mean exactly? Are these plain text URLs like "http://nisus.com", or are they proper hyperlinked text like this?

For the former I'd recommend a PowerFind Pro (regex) to select all the URLs, for the latter use a previously posted macro.
kcheney

Post by kcheney »

The links are links that were live in an email in Mail, but were turned into plain text when copied to Nisus.

I just found a workaround that will work for me, since it does not come up too often: paste copied text into DevonThinkPro 1.5.4 first---links remain live---then copy and paste into Nisus, and links remain live.

But I'll try that macro. Thanks, Martin!
Kino

Post by Kino »

kcheney wrote:The links are links that were live in an email in Mail, but were turned into plain text when copied to Nisus.
Which version of OS X/Mail.app are you running? If you use "Copy Link" command in the contextual menu (in the latest Mail.app at least), links pasted onto NW Pro 1.2's document window do work as links for me.
CopyLink.png
CopyLink.png (22.87 KiB) Viewed 4335 times