Style sheets?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
flips

Style sheets?

Post by flips »

Hi!
I am pretty new to Nisus Writer Pro. I just downloaded the Express trial last week, and I was positively surprised by the smooth and intuitive interface and how the app just let me focus on the writing at hand, but still offering all the functions I need. So I checked the feature list in Express vs. Pro and ended up with the Pro version. And I was able to write my paper with no hassle.

Now I am just exploring the Document Manager, templates, styles and so on.

I was just reading a short review of Nisus Writer Pro here: http://macs.about.com/b/2009/10/17/nisu ... e-pick.htm
And I am a little confused about this statement:
Nisus Writer Pro includes enough style sheets to satisfy most individuals (...)
Should there be more styles installed by default? I seem only to find the plain Nisus New File and default styles.
Making my own styles is very nice and straight forward, but I was wondering if I was missing some default styles and templates or something.
(I was thinking maybe something happened since I first tried the Express version, then the Pro version.)

--
flips 8)
flips :)
Groucho

Re: Style sheets?

Post by Groucho »

Maybe the reviewer meant to say that NWP allows you to create as many customized style sheets as you want and with as many features as you like. NWP comes with a Normal template, which is what you get when you click File > New. In fact, Nisus recently created a new forum topic, Nisus Writer Templates, so people can upload templates that usually come with customized style sheets. Nisus doesn’t have its own template or style sheet repository, not that I know.

Cheers, Henry.
flips

Post by flips »

Okay, thanks ... :)

Now my only problem is when I'm working in Linux I miss NWP ...
I guess I will have to plan my time more carefully so that I always have one of my Macs availble when there's writing to be done ... :)

--
rekk1986

Post by rekk1986 »

Groucho wrote:Maybe the reviewer meant to say that NWP allows you to create as many customized style sheets as you want and with as many features as you like. NWP comes with a Normal template, which is what you get when you click File > New. In fact, Nisus recently created a new forum topic, Nisus Writer Templates, so people can upload templates that usually come with customized style sheets. Nisus doesn’t have its own template or style sheet repository, not that I know.

Cheers, Henry.
That is right! I agree with you in this problem