Convert rtf to plain text macro?

Get help using and writing Nisus Writer Pro macros.
jb

Convert rtf to plain text macro?

Post by jb »

I have about 60 rtf documents that I'd like to convert to plain text.
I know that Nisus can do this, so I'm wondering how to make a macro that could make this process quick and easy.
I guess it should be child's play for anyone who understands the basics of the macro language, but that group doesn't include me :P
Thanks
jb

Re: Convert rtf to plain text macro?

Post by jb »

Well it's not very satisfying for a macro guru, but I've found another way - importing into Scrivener and then exporting as plain text. Easy enough, since Scriv can handle many files at once.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

In case you're still looking for a macro, I wrote a batch RTF converter and added it to the repository. If you want to convert all files NWP supports, open the macro and change the highlighted extension to be the empty string (eg: from 'rtf' to '').
jb

Post by jb »

Thanks, Martin.
Very handy indeed.
Nisus is able to do just about anything it seems. And having your help makes all the difference.
Cheers
jb

Post by jb »

One more thing if I may.

Am I right in assuming that this macro (and Nisus in general) produces plain text files that are encoded UTF-8 ?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

The macro does indeed write text using UTF-8.

When saving a file as plain text using the Save menus, the Save dialog has a popup button that lets the user choose which encoding to use. By default UTF-8 is selected.