How to record a macro?

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Tommi

How to record a macro?

Post by Tommi »

Hi,

I thought it would be possible to simply "record" a command after an another, name and save the series of commands, and later recall it to execute it as a macro.

Is it possible in NW 1.1.2 at all? I couldn't find any instructions on how to do this, only something about text-based programming which I didn't get at all.

Thanks in advance,

Tommi
rmark
Official Nisus Person

How to record a macro?

Post by rmark »

Tommi,

This is not possible in Nisus Writer Express. The macro feature of Nisus Writer Express is in its infancy stages. We have plans to improve it. What you describe is possible in Nisus Writer Classic.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
Tommi

Post by Tommi »

Yes, I remember recording macros with earlier versions of Nisus (which I've used since v. 3.25), and therefore missed the function in NWE.
I've, however, deleted all my OS 9 versions of Nisus from the hard disk so I couldn't go back and check this.

I just guessed this function could have been hiding somewhere in NWE, too.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, Mark.
'Hope you find a way to implement this recording function in the future, for at least I don't understand at all how to _write_ those command series to marcro.

regards,

Tommi