Problem: NWX installs but won't run?

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
PatrickE

Problem: NWX installs but won't run?

Post by PatrickE »

Folks:

Please excuse a potentially clueless question, but here goes.

Word finally used up its last last chance with me :x and I decided it was time to move on. So I downloaded the 30-day demo of NWX, mounted the disk image, copied the files over to the Application folder, all without problem (this is System 10.1.5, incidentally). But when I tried to run the program, nothing happened, except that on the Console I could see:

dyld: /Applications/Nisus Writer Express.app/Contents/MacOS/Nisus Writer Express
Undefined symbols: /Applications/Nisus Writer Express.app/Contents/MacOS/Nisus Writer Express undefined reference to _NSFileCreationDate expected to be defined in Cocoa

This is sadly not a language I speak. Any clues from someone knowledgeable out there? (This could be an OS problem rather than an NWX problem, but I haven't encountered it before. Incidentally, Nisus Thesaurus starts up with no problem.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

_patrick
JBL

Post by JBL »

My guess is that your problem has something to do with this (from the manual):
[quote]Installing Nisus Writer Express
Installing Nisus Writer Express is a simple process.
Complete these steps to install Nisus Writer Express on an individual
Macintosh.
1 Make sure your Macintosh runs Mac OS X Jaguar (10.2.x) or later.[\quote]
rmark
Official Nisus Person

NWX installs but won't run?

Post by rmark »

Patrick,

JBL is correct.

On the primary page that describes Nisus Writer Express:

http://www.nisus.com/Express/

You can see at the lower left area, a little box that states Requirements:

Note: you write that you use "System 10.1.5". Sorry about that.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
PatrickE

Post by PatrickE »

Argh.

Excuse me while I imitate John Cleese in Fawlty Towers, put my hands over my head and jump around a bit.

I had of course looked around for the system requirements but somehow managed to develop selective blindness and didn't see the (in hindsight obvious) box on the left.

Thanks for your responses and your forbearance (!), sorry for the waste of bandwidth, and I'll look forward to getting Nisus up and running as soon as I have 10.3 installed...

Patrick