Typo Correction Problem

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
leaf

Typo Correction Problem

Post by leaf »

Is this a bug? I can’t set up a correction where an entry of “i’ve” will auto correct to “I’ve”.
The same is true for other variations such as, “i’ll”, “i’d” “I’ll” etc. Non of these will yield the expected correction with the capital “I”. Other auto-corrections that I’ve entered work just fine. I tried using a copy of TypeIt4Me but for some reason NWE is not compatible with that program (TypeIt4Me works with every other program that I use).
This is not a deal-breaker, I really like NWE but I can type faster and with less discomfort by minimizing my use of the shift key.
Thanks for any ideas.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Typo Correction Problem

Post by martin »

I'm going to guess the problem is curly/smart quotes. I bet you're entering the QuickFix typo as "i'd" instead of "i’d" (the latter has a curly apostrophe instead of a straight apostrophe). You might just want to copy-paste the typo from your document instead of typing it into the QuickFix preferences directly. Hope that works for you!
leaf

Re: Typo Correction Problem

Post by leaf »

You were exactly right. It works fine now. Thanks for your help and the quick reply. I'm new to NWE but I'm liking it quite a lot.