Bullet points

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
rburnside

Bullet points

Post by rburnside »

I cannot find any way to apply automatic bullet points or paragraph numbering, nor any reference to either in the manual. Is there a way?javascript:emoticon(':?:')
WattsM

Post by WattsM »

No.

You can do "manual" bullet points pretty easily with a hanging indent and just typing a bullet character (either Option-8 or Shift-Option-9, depending on preference). But it'd be nice to have the automatic numbering ability for numbered lists.

I don't recall either of these listed as upcoming features in the 2.0 release, but I hope they're either there or on the table.
filip.b

No outline no NWE

Post by filip.b »

For me this is the only flaw that is stopping me from dumping word ...
I write a lot of reports and tender documents all of which are structured very strictly.
I really hope outlines are in the new release, it is the last thing I need to make my mac microsoft free!

Filip
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Bullet Points and Outlining

Post by rmark »

Nisusoids,

WattsM answers correctly.

However, next to the desire for a graphics layer, outlining (and the related automatically numbering "bullet points") is one of the more frequently requested features.

It is pretty high on the list, but not for version 2.0.

Please stay tuned.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
dshan

Bullet Points and Outlining

Post by dshan »

I use Red Bird Island's Nisus Macros to do outlining and bullet points in NWX. They work well and you can modify them to your heart's content if there's something more you require. The link's on the NWX 1.1 page:

http://www.nisus.com/Express