How to clear recently used fonts list?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Ruchama

How to clear recently used fonts list?

Post by Ruchama »

Is there a way to clear the recent fonts window in the font pallet, without trashing all preferences?

thanks
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: How to clear recently used fonts list?

Post by martin »

Not at this time, sorry!
Ruchama

Post by Ruchama »

thanks, not even by diving into the plist file.. :(
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Certainly you could edit the plist to excise the unwanted fonts. Most people don't consider that an option :P You'll want to look for the key "com.nisus.lastUsedFonts".
Ruchama

Post by Ruchama »

Great. thanks for both answers.
Kino

Post by Kino »

Ruchama wrote:thanks, not even by diving into the plist file.. :(
As Martin explained, you can clear the list of last used fonts by deleting com.nisus.lastUsedFonts in com.nisus.NisusWriter.plist. You can do so by executing a terminal command or by running the following NWP macro.

Code: Select all

begin Perl
	`defaults delete com.nisus.NisusWriter 'com.nisus.lastUsedFonts' 2>/dev/null`;
end
Prompt 'Last Used Fonts have been cleared', 'Save all open documents and restart Nisus Writer Pro immediately'
Unfortunately, you cannot make NWP understand the change programmatically. So you have to restart NWP manually. Perhaps you may find delete command scaring, but don’t worry. It will be re-generated when necessary.
Ruchama

Post by Ruchama »

thanks, kino. I shall survive the psychological barrier.. :wink: I guess typing the command in terminal is longer than opening the plist file and deleting those redundant fonts. (I could also copy the line.. ) Still, good to know that there is more than one solution.

Ruchama
Kino

Post by Kino »

Ruchama wrote:I guess typing the command in terminal is longer than opening the plist file and deleting those redundant fonts.
Unfortunately you cannot use a text editor to edit com.nisus.NisusWriter.plist manually, which is not a plain text file any more but a binary file in OS X 10.6.x at least. So, if you don’t have Property List Editor.app specialized in editing plist files (a component of Developer Tools), you have to run a terminal command to change com.nisus.NisusWriter.plist. The macro posted above is a kind of NWP macro wrapper of the terminal command (/usr/bin/defaults).
Dirk_Barends

Post by Dirk_Barends »

Ruchama wrote:I guess typing the command in terminal is longer than opening the plist file and deleting those redundant fonts.
copy and just paste

Code: Select all

defaults delete com.nisus.NisusWriter com.nisus.lastUsedFonts
in the terminal prompt worked for me, as integrating it in a shell script that I made for cleaning up after an update...

Thanks Kino!

Dirk Barends
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Pref Setter is an easy-to-use utility that allows you to open and edit any plist in your Mac.

Henry.
Ruchama

Post by Ruchama »

thanks all, problem solved.

Ruchama