Tab Stop trouble (NWE 1.1.2 demo)

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
briareus

Tab Stop trouble (NWE 1.1.2 demo)

Post by briareus »

Greetings. I just started evaluating 1.1.2 and looking forward to the improvements in a real-soon-now version 2.0.

Anyway, I'm trying to lay out my resume (1" margins all around, Adobe Garamond Pro OTF, with a title centered in ITC Avant Garde Gothic TT). I have left-aligned tab stops set at 1.5" and 2", and a right-aligned tab stop at the right margin (7.5").

After a save (I tried RTF and DOC, no difference), when I re-open the document (via any Open method), my second left-tab stop (at 2") is GONE, therefore reformatting my document. I have to select all and re-apply a left-tab at 2" to put everything back where it should be.

Is this a known issue? I really want to like NWE, Word is total overkill, and some simple documents don't warrant a launch of InDesign :)

Thanks!
Todd

Known issue

Post by Todd »

briareus

Post by briareus »

... and this is relevant to my situation how?
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

Just so you could get a serious reply, I tried setting up a test document like the one you described, and I had a similar (but not identical) result. Both left tabs disappeared when I reopened the document. For some reason I hadn't otherwise encountered this problem myself.

I think others have commented on loss of paragraph formatting in this forum, but without hunting down the posts, I don't recall exactly what the issues were. Nor do I know whether 2.0 will fix this. Anyone?

Craig
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

I just noticed that, though the tab stops are missing from the re-opened document, the preview in Document Manager (which I don't normally use) indicates that they are there. Odd. :?
dennisg

Re: Known issue

Post by dennisg »

Todd,

What exactly were you thinking when you posted that link to eBay?
- Dennis

"Is that your little friend in the wood chipper?"