"Corrections"

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Jester

"Corrections"

Post by Jester »

Regarding the typo corrections, I don't like that I have to choose
correct spelling + [X] correct spelling.

Can you bring the old way back? I.e. the one in which the correct words appear as the first option (like in Pro 1); you've no idea how many precious seconds I lose because of this. Still, I do think that adding the "correct spelling and add to Quick Fix" option was an ace.

Cheers,
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: "Corrections"

Post by martin »

I'm assuming you are taking about the options on the contextual menu? ie: when you option/right click on a misspelled word? If so, I think that's a change we could peeling back if enough people don't like it.
feat

Post by feat »

+1
Publius

Post by Publius »

+1
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

+2 (my wife too).
Jester

Post by Jester »

martin wrote:I'm assuming you are taking about the options on the contextual menu? ie: when you option/right click on a misspelled word? If so, I think that's a change we could peeling back if enough people don't like it.
Yes, that's the one I meant; it may seem trivial, but when you start correcting all the typos in a 50-page+ thesis… well, it really gets on your nerves.
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

I can see what they're saying, Martin. So have the corrections in the primary menu that opens up, then underneath that, go to the options such as "Correct and Add to Quickfix" -- or even better, maybe, have a modifier key for that -- right click to get the alternatives then hold down the shift key while making your selection and the correction will be added to Quickfix too.

The "Correct and Add to Quickfix" is a very nice touch. I actually don't use Quickfix because I do lots of typing in other programs so I use Typinator (recently switched from Ti4M) so I get the same service in all of them. Since many of my typos -- or many of my many typos -- are highly replicated, I have a couple of thousand in there. Being able to add them automatically like you have done with Quckfix would be heaven for me.

Ever thought of making Quickfix free standing? Not that I'm wishing to infringe on anyone's wave time!!! :o

Cheers, geoff

Geoffrey Heard
Business & Environment Writer, Editor, Publisher
The Worsley Press
Jester

Post by Jester »

greenmorpher wrote:I can see what they're saying, Martin. So have the corrections in the primary menu that opens up, then underneath that, go to the options such as "Correct and Add to Quickfix" -- or even better, maybe, have a modifier key for that -- right click to get the alternatives then hold down the shift key while making your selection and the correction will be added to Quickfix too.

The "Correct and Add to Quickfix" is a very nice touch. I actually don't use Quickfix because I do lots of typing in other programs so I use Typinator (recently switched from Ti4M) so I get the same service in all of them. Since many of my typos -- or many of my many typos -- are highly replicated, I have a couple of thousand in there. Being able to add them automatically like you have done with Quckfix would be heaven for me.

Ever thought of making Quickfix free standing? Not that I'm wishing to infringe on anyone's wave time!!! :o

Cheers, geoff

Geoffrey Heard
The Worsley Press
Yeah, geoff's suggestion is good too.

Didn't know about Typinator, this would've saved a lot of time in the previous theses hahaha. Better late than never!
kivancmuslu

Post by kivancmuslu »

Just to increase the number of votes :-) +1
~ Kivanc Muslu
Jester

Post by Jester »

I guess I can't vote because I created the thread?

But really, it's starting to bother me a lot; please change it ASAP :) .
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

Hey Martin/Mark/Dave/team!

If you guys are going to tweak that contextual menu, could you also, please, please, please change the item "Transformations" to "Convert" -- the same name as it has in the Edit menu?

I actually couldn’t find it yesterday even though I knew the name was different, I couldn't remember what it had been transofmred to! :D

We poor old clapped out wrecks ... we need consistency!

Cheers, geoff
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

I've just been doing some writing in the past few days. I want to vote for urgent action to change the spelling corrections contextual menu back to the old way (shared by other apps) of hsving the correct options listed at the top rather than having to go through a second step to reach them.

Having to make that little extra mouse movement every time I need to correct a word is driving me nuts!!! (Any phooey to anyone who rolls out the old joke: "That's not a drive, it's a short putt!")

And also, of course, changing "Transformations" to "Convert" as in the E dit menu. :)

Cheers, geoff

Geoffrey Heard
The Worsley Press
Jester

Post by Jester »

INDEED! It got to me to the point that I had to change to Nisus 1. The thing is, when you're correcting a graduation project, you really don't have the bloody time to make those extra clicks.

Most urgent!