truncated page numbers

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
phspaelti

Re: truncated page numbers

Post by phspaelti »

Hamid wrote:
Hamid wrote:Truncated numbers are already thus in the rtf file (as opened in NWP 2.0) when the page number affected is not within viewable screen.
This means:
1. The PDF is only faithfully producing the page numbers as they are in the file opened by NWP 2.0.
2. If, for example, page 10 appears as '1', then if you print the file again while page 10 is viewable on screen that page number will not be truncated; it will print as '10'.
I just checked this, and unless I misunderstand you this does not seem to be correct. I opened the file and for a moment the relvant page numbers seemed truncated in rtf. But then this rectified itself. I tried saving to pdf again, but the numbers are still truncated in the pdf file. The rtf file still shows the untruncated numbers.
philip
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

phspaelti wrote:I opened the file and for a moment the relvant page numbers seemed truncated in rtf. But then this rectified itself. I tried saving to pdf again, but the numbers are still truncated in the pdf file. The rtf file still shows the untruncated numbers.
That is possible because the print command automatically 'updates' what it considers to be stale, and at that stage what is not truncated becomes truncated.
You can place the cursor in the header where the page number came out truncated and then print that page.
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

Hamid wrote:
phspaelti wrote:I opened the file and for a moment the relvant page numbers seemed truncated in rtf. But then this rectified itself. I tried saving to pdf again, but the numbers are still truncated in the pdf file. The rtf file still shows the untruncated numbers.
That is possible because the print command automatically 'updates' what it considers to be stale, and at that stage what is not truncated becomes truncated.
You can place the cursor in the header where the page number came out truncated and then print that page.
Well first off, I'll repeat that I am not printing anything (and not interested in printing anything). I am just producing pdfs (with "save as pdf").
Still it is interesting. If I put my cursor in the header (actually footer) of page 100, then number 100 comes out OK. But since I can put the cursor only in one footnote at a time all the others are still truncated. But what actually shows in the rtf document window are complete, untruncated numbers only.
philip
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

Sorry if I was not clear: by 'print' I meant 'print to PDF'.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Hrm, this problem seems to be erratic, and I'm not sure what triggers it exactly. I don't think it's related to the paper size though. We'll file this bug for more investigation/fixing- thanks everyone, sorry for the trouble.
Everic

Post by Everic »

No solution til now?

Same issue here. And it really is a pain. It already took my hours. Honestly: I regret upgrading to Version 2. Unfortunately I didnt try it at first because NWP always was my favorit word processor. Now there is this major issue with a basic function what i realised only by chance.

I need a reliable page numbering and had to switch to Word. How can I get back to NWP 1?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Everic wrote:No solution til now?

Same issue here. And it really is a pain. It already took my hours. Honestly: I regret upgrading to Version 2. Unfortunately I didnt try it at first because NWP always was my favorit word processor. Now there is this major issue with a basic function what i realised only by chance.
We're very sorry for the trouble. There isn't any workaround for this issue, but we're working on an update right now that will fix the problem.
How can I get back to NWP 1?
We provide a full listing of versions available for download.
Everic

Post by Everic »

Thanks a lot for the link.

Since this is not the only issue I have with NWP2 I meanwhile indeed went back to the former version and those problems are now gone.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Everic wrote:Since this is not the only issue I have with NWP2 I meanwhile indeed went back to the former version and those problems are now gone.
What other issues were you having with version 2?
Everic

Post by Everic »

martin wrote: What other issues were you having with version 2?
Its off topic. But if you really want to know:

Its about text style. I often use mixed styles in one document. Small letters underlined, larger letters regular and bold with no underlining. The formatting is changing from itself after closing and returning to the document. Parts are underlined that should not be. I can change the style but after closing and returning to the file these parts are underlined again. Can be it happens only when i save in doc, I am not shure.

Is this reasonable? English is not my mothertongue ...
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I do really want to know, thank you. Could you send me a copy of your document using the menu Help > Send Feedback? Certainly the formatting should not be changing between saving/reopening the file. If there's a bug, we want to get it fixed. Thanks.
feat

Post by feat »

I haven't had any style oddity yet, but I get plenty of [floating] images that moves between editing sessions, even though their anchors do not...

merely saving to pdf is sufficient to make a mess out of any complex layout !

and saving as html is guaranteed to make these images unusable anyway...
wolane

Post by wolane »

Hi Nisus people--

I realize you’re probably already on the case, but just for the record, I’m also having the truncated page number problem. In a whole series of 20-25 page documents, the problem page numbers always seem to be 10 and 12 (both of which print as 1). It doesn’t seem to matter what font I use, it doesn’t matter how far right I place the number, and it also shows up as truncated in the PDF or Print Preview layout but never on the RTF screen display.

Otherwise, I should add, I’m very happy with Nisus Pro 2. It’s a great program.

Cheers.

BILL.
novac

Post by novac »

I have the same problem with truncated page numbers in Ver. 2 when printing directly and printing to/saving in PDF. Please fix ASAP
Cheers,
Ralph
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

For those experiencing the page numbering bug, we're making available a public beta of version 2.0.1:

http://nisus.com/files/pro/NWP-v201-p1.zip

That beta also provides support for the anticipated release of Mac OSX Lion (10.7)