Two Page View?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
bradsaun

Two Page View?

Post by bradsaun »

Before I upgrade to Version 2, will this let me view two pages side-by side while editing? I'd like to take advantage of my monitor's real estate rather than having a small page in the middle of the screen.
Thanks in advance
Bradley
:?
Timotheus

Re: Two Page View?

Post by Timotheus »

No, there is no two pages view in Nisus 2.0. This is undoubtedly an important desideratum for the near future.
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

You can't yet view two consecutive pages of the same document side by side. Nor can you view two different parts of the same document in split screen.
Can you and others request these features?
Here is the link:
http://nisus.com/support/SubmitFeatureRequest.php
bradsaun

Post by bradsaun »

Thanks Hamid, I have posted this request and won't update without it!
B.
feat

Post by feat »

I also requested this today: I am tired of printing to pdf just to view my work from a different vantage point
bradsaun

Post by bradsaun »

feat wrote:I also requested this today: I am tired of printing to pdf just to view my work from a different vantage point
I'm doing a thesis of 300 pages and this missing feature is the only reason I'm using Word!
atmartin50

Post by atmartin50 »

I also just filed a formal request. This is a really important feature in a word processor, and it's the ONLY thing I miss about that other well-known word processor which shall remain unnamed. Great job on version 2, developers! We need a dual-page view option.
ptram

Post by ptram »

feat wrote:I also requested this today: I am tired of printing to pdf just to view my work from a different vantage point
I don't know if you know, but you can choose Print > Preview instead of generating a PDF file.

Paolo
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

ptram wrote:
I don't know if you know, but you can choose Print > Preview instead of generating a PDF file.
You could also use this macro:

Code: Select all

$path = File.temporaryPathWithName('preview.pdf')
$isSaved = Save As PDF $path
If $isSaved
	$url = "file://$path"
	Open URL $url
	Sleep 5
	File.deletePath($path)
Else
	Prompt 'Could not save PDF.'
End
It saves the current document to a temporary PDF file and opens it in Preview.app.
feat

Post by feat »

thanks for that macro, Martin!
choose Print > Preview instead of generating a PDF file
ah, but as far as I know, this does indeed generate a pdf in /private/tmp/: and that's exactly what I call printing to pdf…

and whichever the method, I'll have to navigate the resulting file to view the page I'm working on, whereas if we had multiple views, they could [probably] be synchronized — or not…