Italic doesn't appear to work

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Adelheid

Italic doesn't appear to work

Post by Adelheid »

Hi,

Was trying out the combination of Nisus and Bookends and noticed that italic doesn't seem to work. Thought this was Bookend's fault, but after starting up a new file and trying to type in italic, it still didn't work. All the other formatting options work fine.

The helpfile didn't help out.
What have I overlooked?

Regards,
Adelheid
Adelheid

Post by Adelheid »

Oh, and I did try to change the font (although I would have expected Lucida Grande to be able to handle italic), but this does not work in every case, well, only when I change it via the format drop down menu, not when I set another font via Preferences.
Also, after having changed the font and having been able to select italic, when scanning the document with Bookends, italic is still nowhere to be seen (which might ofcourse be a Bookends-issue).

Anyone else ever had this problem?

Adelheid
jda

Re: Italic doesn't appear to work

Post by jda »

Adelheid wrote:Oh, and I did try to change the font (although I would have expected Lucida Grande to be able to handle italic)...Also, after having changed the font and having been able to select italic, when scanning the document with Bookends, italic is still nowhere to be seen (which might of course be a Bookends-issue).
Adelheid
Lucida Grande has a plain and a bold face, no italic (use Font Book to see this). Are you talking about a bibliography after a scan? Or about the final in-text citations? The former will use the font specified in (Bookends) Preferences. If it can display italics, it should appear that way in the scanned NWE document, too. The latter will always be in plain text (at least in the current version of Bookends).

If this information doesn't clear things up, feel free to contact us directly for tech support.

Jon
Sonny Software (Bookends)
www.sonnysoftware.com
Adelheid

Post by Adelheid »

Your reply does indeed clear things up. I changed the font in Bookends and now everything works as expected.

Thank you,

Adelheid