Spelling panel

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Anne Cuneo

Spelling panel

Post by Anne Cuneo »

Nisus release notes say:
Added: spelling: spelling panel has "Correct All" button.
This was a feature I sometimes missed. What you call Spelling panel is, I suppose the panel called «Language», there is no other palette controlling spelling, or is there? This is just to say I cannot find the “Correct all” button. Where is it? Or is it maybe that you call Spelling panel the Find panel? But that already had a Correct all feature, albeit under another name (Replace all). Thanks for pointing out the actual Correct all button for me.
Anne
Groucho

Re: Spelling panel

Post by Groucho »

Hello, Anne.

It is under Edit>Spelling>Spelling Window…
The Correct All button changes all occurrences of a misspelled word, not just the one selected.
I hope this will help.

Greetings, Henry.
Anne Cuneo

Post by Anne Cuneo »

I never noticed there was any other spelling aid than the «Language» Palette, which I trust while writing. Afterwards, I use Antidote, which integrates into Nisus, to correct my French, and Spell Catcher for the other languages, so I never noticed there was a spelling panel. And was quite happy at the idea that there would be a Correct all button on the Language Palette. Wishful thinking, I suppose.
Thank you for showing me the path, Henry (I suspect I am not going to use the spelling panel too often, even knowing it is there, but hush!... :oops: ).
Anne
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Probably the "Correct All" button won't make it onto the Language palette, for space reasons- we try to keep palettes compact. But maybe we could put a Correct All submenu on the contextual menu (when right/control-clicking a misspelled word). Would that help?