Sending Nisus Document with Apple Mail (not as attachment)

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
kivancmuslu

Sending Nisus Document with Apple Mail (not as attachment)

Post by kivancmuslu »

Hi all,

I am trying to copy what I have written in a Nisus document to Apple Mail (which is supposed to support rich text file formatting in e-mail). However my lists get funny. I have attached 3 files to this post, the first one shows a screen shot of the original document in Nisus Writer Pro 2, the second one is direct copy (command c - command v) to apple mail, and the last one is copy without the styles (command c - command + shift v) to apple mail. As you can see, the list styles are broken. Does anybody know a solution or workaround for this?

Thanks,
Attachments
copy without styles.png
copy without styles.png (9.03 KiB) Viewed 3657 times
direct copy.png
direct copy.png (8.72 KiB) Viewed 3657 times
nisus.png
nisus.png (19.63 KiB) Viewed 3657 times
~ Kivanc Muslu
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Sending Nisus Document with Apple Mail (not as attachmen

Post by martin »

This is an annoyance, and it's a bug in the way Mail.app interprets some kinds of rich content. You can see the same bug if you copy-paste some list items from TextEdit into a Mail message. I believe we reported it to Apple long ago.

The only workaround I know of is to copy the list from NWP using the command/menu "Copy Text Only". Of course that will lose other kinds of formatting (like fonts, colors, etc) so that might not be viable depending on the situation.
kivancmuslu

Re: Sending Nisus Document with Apple Mail (not as attachmen

Post by kivancmuslu »

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the explanation. I think the nearest hope is wait for Mail 5 (with Lion). Maybe, if people have access to developer alpha or beta, they might tell if it is resolved or not.
I think I would just send my work as .pdf at the moment.
~ Kivanc Muslu