Papers Intergration?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
threestain

Papers Intergration?

Post by threestain »

I know Bookends is a close ally, but Papers 2 is fast growing market share and it would be fantastic to liase with the guys at Mekentosj to get citing support (using their MagicManuscript stuff I no longer need Endnote!).

Would be so good to get better support if possible (seems to work with a myriad other programs) and I would highly encourage Nisus to help out the Mekentosj guys.

So close to removing word and endnote from my life!
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Re: Papers Intergration?

Post by rmark »

threestain,

Thank you for letting us know about this. We'll look into it (no promises).
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
zankl

Post by zankl »

I strongly second that. Can you please get in touch with the Papers2 team (http://www.mekentosj.com/). I can already insert formatted references with Nisus and Papers2, but interting cite keys and formatting a full bibliography at the end would be so much better. It would be a strong selling point for Nisus.

Thanks
Andreas
Agnostus

Post by Agnostus »

I know this maybe asking for too much, but there also is Sente which could use better integration. Papers, Bookends, and Sente are the three premier Mac only reference managers, and it would be nice to get some integration for all of these.

Martin
alain314

Post by alain314 »

Papers2 is now my reference managers... and the only frustration I encounter with Nisus Writer Pro. Please, add Papers' support.

Thanks for considering this.
Vivagen

Post by Vivagen »

I too strongly encourage Nisus to improve their compatibility with "Bookends." Endnote is an absolute nightmare to use, and anyone writing scientific papers will agree, it makes them hate life quite a bit. Bookends on the other hand is fantastic, and I swear to you my thesis would be in a state of disrepair without it. I strongly believe that a great program like Nisus (which I have chosen over Pages despite amazing Bookends-pages compatibility) should ally itself with the other truly great programs. Endnote is not one of those... Bookends is.

Please Please Please ally yourself with this king of reference managers! As it stands, I need to import my documents into Pages before creating bibliographies to ensure it comes out pretty.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Vivagen wrote:I too strongly encourage Nisus to improve their compatibility with "Bookends."
As you probably know, NWP already has menu commands for communicating with Bookends. In what ways would you like to see the integration improved?
Vivagen

Post by Vivagen »

I have started a new thread to clarify :) I'm actually not sure whether the problem lies in bookends/Nisus communication or in Nisus itself.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Ah okay, your issue with the superscripts. Thanks for the clarification!

The complications you're experiencing with superscripts isn't actually related to Bookends at all, but to your font (Cambria). I posed a detailed explanation in your other thread. If you have any questions, please let me know over there and I'll be sure to get back to you.
threestain

Post by threestain »

any new updates here?

papers 2 has given basic support, but it would be lovely to have proper integration... or at least be able to unformat in nisus...
CanadianAJ

Post by CanadianAJ »

Another Papers devotee here really hoping that full Papers (by Meketosj) integration could be coming soon! Flipping manuscripts in and out of Word just so that I can format/unformat bibliographies doesn't allow me to retire that program off my computer. At least inserting the cite key works. Any update on if further integration could be happening?
Many thanks