Floating image issues, 2.0.2

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Peter

Floating image issues, 2.0.2

Post by Peter »

Sorry if some of this is new user naivete -

I have a document with a fair number of figures, which are images associated with a specific point in the text.
I'd like to upgrade from inline to floating images, to get the captions, text wrapping, more efficient use of page space, etc.; but I've run into some serious obstacles. For my document what I really want is floating images, constrained to appear in the order of the anchor points, constrained to the page margins, and otherwise just appearing somewhere close to the anchor point.
When I set up some floating images and then edit the document in ways that cause the anchor paragraphs to move around, the floating images sometimes disappear, sometimes jump to a new location much farther from the anchor point than they need to be, and sometimes change order. I've unchecked the box that allows the anchor points to move, so this doesn't appear to be related to roving anchor points.

Most of my attempts have been with anchor points in a list, which could be related.

Am I missing some way to control these? If not, any prospect for changes in 2.0.3?

Thanks -
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Floating image issues, 2.0.2

Post by martin »

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum (and perhaps to using NWP too).
Peter wrote:When I set up some floating images and then edit the document in ways that cause the anchor paragraphs to move around, the floating images sometimes disappear, sometimes jump to a new location much farther from the anchor point than they need to be, and sometimes change order.
Floating images should definitely never disappear when you edit the document. If you have some way of triggering/reproducing that problem, we'd love to have a sample document and instructions for doing so.

As for images jumping around so they become separated from their anchor point, I wonder which "placement" option you have chosen. If you have "moves with paragraph" set, the image should always position itself relative to the top of its anchoring paragraph, wherever the anchoring paragraph happens to be placed. On the other hand, if you're using "position on page of ¶" then the image's position is fixed on the page, but the page the image is placed will change as the anchoring paragraph moves between pages. Just as with the disappearing image problem, if you can reproduce a misplaced image, we'd appreciate you letting us know.

I don't know if that helps at all, but please let us know, thanks.