License Not Accepted

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Frankie

License Not Accepted

Post by Frankie »

:x
My license for this software sent via email will not work. Error message to the effect that the license number is too long.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: License Not Accepted

Post by martin »

Hi Frankie,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your license key. I'm going to assume you've tried copy-pasting your license key to prevent any accidental typos when entering the license.

There are a few things that we should check first:
1. What version of Nisus Writer Express did you purchase?
2. What version are you trying to use/license? (you can check using the menu Nisus Writer Express > About Nisus Writer Express)

License keys for version 3.x start with "NXA-".
License keys for version 2.x start with "NWX-".
What does your license key start with?
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

i purchased NISUS Writer Express 3.4.1. Trying to license a demo version. License key begins with NXA.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thanks- that license key and application version combination is indeed correct.

I looked up your license key and it seems to be working correctly. I've emailed you privately with some more details/tips. Please let me know how things go.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Hi, Martin

I was successful in getting the license number accepted. I did so by entered it via the dialogue box that shows the demo has expired and has a register option button. I was getting the "license too long" error when trying to enter the license number using the licenses option under the Nisus Writer Express menu.

Thanks for your help!

Frankie
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Happy to help! I don't think how one gets to the licensing window will have any effect on whether the license is accepted, but I'm glad you have everything working now, however it happened.