Bookends Scan

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
JBZion

Bookends Scan

Post by JBZion »

In attempts to scan a NWP doc, Bookends begins the scan but hangs and doesn't complete. I've tried uninstalling Bookends and starting afresh, with no resolution. Sente 6 can scan, but I would prefer to keep Bookends. Any resolutions?
JBZion

Re: Bookends Scan

Post by JBZion »

Anyone from Nisus care to address this issue? After (1) ruling out the problem being associated with Bookends and (2) having Sente function correctly with NWP, the problem seems to lie with Nisus. A resolution to the issue would be very helpful, especially after spending the money to purchase your product.
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

Did you try submitting your problem to Nisus using the "Send Feedback"? Preferably you should also send them the offending file. Without such information they are unlikely to be able to help you.
philip
hhoffner

Post by hhoffner »

I had the same problem while recently using Mellel with Bookends and was told that there was a bug in Mac OS 10.8.2 that Apple is now working to correct. In the interim what helped me in Mellel was logging out of the system and logging back in. This may not help you in Nisus (I haven't tested it there), but for what it's worth, you should know about this.
JBZion

Post by JBZion »

No, I didn't use the Send Feedback option. Perhaps I will, but if this is a bug within OS X 10.8.2, perhaps I will download the developers beta of 10.8.3 to see if this remedies the issue. The primary reason I didn't Send Feedback is that I've found a problem with NWP handling of Syriac Fonts. The Seyame in the Beth Mardutho Fonts from the Syriac Institute don't render properly with the Seyame (shift-I). NWP chokes on properly displaying this diacritic character, whereas Mellel handles it fine.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

How did you decide to rule out Bookends as the problem? It's hard to diagnose these kinds of problems without seeing them firsthand, but if Bookends is the application that hangs, then that would be the primary suspect. Have you contacted the maker of Bookends about the hang? It would probably be good to collect and send along your force quit report to them as well (we could also take a look for you if you like, though it's harder to decipher a report for another company's application).