Possible feature Request(s)

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Tacitus

Possible feature Request(s)

Post by Tacitus »

There may be a way to do this but if not please consider it a feature request.

Is it possible to make the comments sidebar open on the right of the screen rather than the left? I know it will be pointed out that this may interfere with the tool draw, but if you are reviewing an article in comment mode you will be concentrating on notes and comments the formatting of which will already have been fixed.

To have a navigation bar on the left with comments on the right would (to me) be a useful feature.

Anybody seen this? http://davidhewson.com/2012/12/28/makin ... n-writing/

Since MS appear unlikely to make OneNote available to Mac users, something similar which integrates with Nisus, might prove a useful addition to the Nisus stable. Given a lot of the code could probably be imported from the existing NP/NE code base, I wouldn't think it too difficult to do.
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to escape.
Hamid

Re: Possible feature Request(s)

Post by Hamid »

From the Comments gear dropdown menu (at the bottom of the document window) apply 'Comment Display Options...'.
This will bring up a pane where you can set the Comment pane to appear on the right.
CommentsDisplayOptions.gif
CommentsDisplayOptions.gif (42.85 KiB) Viewed 8876 times
Tacitus

Post by Tacitus »

Hamid wrote:From the Comments gear dropdown menu (at the bottom of the document window) apply 'Comment Display Options...'.
This will bring up a pane where you can set the Comment pane to appear on the right.
Thanks Hamid. Incredible how you can look at things and still not see them even when they're right in front of you :-)
Tacitus

Post by Tacitus »

Not a big deal but is there any way to make this automatic? IE make this permanent for all new files.

Anybody any thoughts on the David Hewson link?
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

Tacitus wrote:Not a big deal but is there any way to make this automatic? IE make this permanent for all new files.
You can do so by editing your Nisus New File.

This is one way to edit your current Nisus New File:

In NWP Preferences, tab to New File and click the ‘Edit Nisus New File...’ button.
If the comments field is not shown, apply the Tools:Comments:Show Comments menu

From the Comments gear dropdown menu apply 'Comment Display Options...'.
Set the Comment pane to appear on the right from the pane as shown in my previous post
Dismiss the pane.
Save and close the file and the Preferences pane.
Now all new documents created with this Nisus New File will show comments on the right.
Tacitus

Post by Tacitus »

Thanks again Hamid - not sure what I'd been doing wrong but for some reason I couldn't get it to 'stick'. I thought I knew my way round Nisus by now, but there's always something new you can learn.