InfoClick for GyazMail?

Talk about InfoClick, our email search tool.
hsleff

InfoClick for GyazMail?

Post by hsleff »

I request (and recommend) that NIsus consider what it would take to extend InfoClick to work with GyazMail. GM uses mboxes in a way that seems similar to Apple Mail. It's been around a long time and I switched to it after using Mail for years and becoming dissatisfied with it. Never had a problem with GM. It is stable and powerful, and the support is first class. It does offer regex searching for those who know regex, but InfoClick would make it better for those who don't. Thanks.
Harvey
Portland, OR
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: InfoClick for GyazMail?

Post by martin »

Thank you for the suggestion Harvey, I'll file it as a possibility that we'll certainly consider.

If there are other users of GyazMail (or other email applications) who would use InfoClick, we'd appreciate hearing from you so we know there's interest.
xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

Hi Martin,

I've been intending to email you for about a month now on this. As you may remember, I've been a GyazMail user since it was first launched, and when InfoClick was nearing RC status, I mentioned in a mail that I wished it worked with GyazMail. That said, I have wanted to be able to use InfoClick so much that at the beginning of this year I tried switching to Apple Mail ... the switch lasted about three weeks before frustration set in yet again, so I'm back on GM.

I too hope there's enough interest out there to make it worth while for you to expand the capabilities of InfoClick to make it work with GM.

Cheers
Mark
hsleff

Post by hsleff »

Martin & Mark,

For the record, I began using GyazMail many years ago, after a failure of Mail to find a critical email. But I then decided to shift back to Apple Mail because of its handling of hyperlinks and some other features. But alas, I ran into other problems, and have recently switched back. GyazMail is more dependable and flexible. InfoClick would be a great addition for it.
Harvey
Portland, OR
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thank you for the feedback guys, we appreciate it and will take it into consideration.
TommyW

Post by TommyW »

I'll throw my oar in for Sparrow to be supported.

Yes, I know Google bought it but there's been updates since the purchase.

I stuck with it because of it's superior search results to Mail. It routinely finds mails Mail cannot.

So InfoClick may drive me back to Mail but I've come to appreciate Sparrows simplicity and design.